3/22/11

A play on iron concrete

On our animated knowledge quest, as a next step, we have just watched Tekkonkinkreet as another piece of art after we watched Hauru no ugoku shiro. With my narrow view of the world, Miyazaki created all Japanese animation, all Japanese people are drop dead beautiful and everyone will find their place in the end. I'm so glad I had the oppotunity widen my perspective, to see that animé is more than Spirited Away and Pokémon. To be honest, I was really blow away by all that Tekkonkinkreet did and I'm sure it is one of those movies that you can - or more like you have to - watch over and over again, where every time would reveal a little piece of something new and undiscovered. I do somewhat crave to see the boys jump between the roof tops of Treasure Town again though, even though I only just finished watching them. Something Shiro said repeatedly still stings in my chest: When the sky turns black, why do I feel so blue?